Life Insurance Processing in a call center environment dealing with whole life, universal life, term and annuities. Customer service experience in an office setting. Strong phone skills, positive attitude, reliable, and multi-tasking team players needed.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answer incoming calls in accordance with quality standards (call volumes vary from 2-30 daily)
2. Place outgoing calls to provide or obtain information.
3. Document all calls while in progress. On-line call documentation program should be used, when available.
4. Transfer or refer misdirected calls to the appropriate department or offices outside the company, using approved transfer and referral techniques.
5. Understand and utilize all resources available to accomplish assigned tasks.
6. Prepare incoming mail, faxes, and prior day’s telephone documentation for processing.
7. Process customer requests using internal and client-mandated procedures.
8. Accurately perform the appropriate policy master file maintenance for the task at hand. Verify all changes.
9. Report and/or correct errors in computer records, regardless of the source of the error.
10. Process premium payments by forwarding the accounting department with instructions or returning to the insured.
11. Produce correspondence to customers using approved letters or combination of approved letters. Fully document policy file or image system with all related material so as to leave a clear and concise audit trail.
12. Process internal reports, recognizing applicable deadlines for completion.
13. Calculate and process premium refunds. When sufficient resources are available, calculate premiums as requested.
14. Actively participate in cross training to maximize team efficiency and maintain or exceed service standards.
15. Communicate openly with supervisor and other team members to ensure accurate responses and to avoid duplication of efforts, etc.
37 hour full-time work week, some overtime may be necessary.
Reliable, fast paced, self starter, professional, dependable, detail oriented, with a good attitude
Work longevity preferred
Pay scale depending on applicable (LIFE) experience
LIFE INSURANCE EXP REQUIRED (5YRS PREFERRED)
Good typing speed: minimum typing speed 30 wpm
Excellent/strong telephone skills with strong communication skills
Customer service experience in office setting required, medical insurance background a plus
Computer skills: Excellent Word a must & Excel helpful