As the operations manager for the spent liquor treatment plant onsite at Bartow Phosphate Facility Your role will be to manage the 24hour, 7 days per week operations of a membrane based water treatment plant.
You will be the senior person onsite and will be ultimately responsible for the operational & financial performance of the plant. Including the daily management of all onsite personnel and contractors.
You will be supported as needed and required by other staff functional groups such as the water process team, Safety, HR, Supply, Finance, Operational Services, Project delivery group.
The list below are some of the more critical dimensions of the position. However the position is ultimately responsible for the safe, cost effective, efficient and sustainable operation of the facilities onsite at Bartow Plant.
Provide demonstrated leadership, coaching and develop a “Zero Harm” Safety Culture,
Ensure compliance with safety policy’s procedures and guidelines
Provide safety mentorship and investigation to all incidents, near miss and injuries
Manage the day to day compliance with legislation and license conditions including all reporting requirements.
Ensure production fixed and variable costs are managed and forecast to meet or exceed budget in a sustainable way.
Manage Inventory levels to meet budget and operational needs.
Forecast and develop budgets as needed and provide input into the development and refinement of operational plans, budgets and strategies
Manage the short, medium and long term production planning, scheduling and forecasting (This includes the rampup to operational targets and then sustaining production at these levels)
Liaise with Plant operations as your key customer.
Implement and report on KPI’s, develop and provide stakeholders and management with appropriate daily, weekly, monthly reports
Lead and manage the site team to identify opportunities for improvement and implement / manage suitable strategies to ensure year on year operational improvement.
Ensure that appropriate quality management processes, checks and programs are in place and managed to ensure outputs meet client specifications
Ensure Quality systems, procedure and training is in place to provide a safe and effective workplace for all employees, contractors and visitors
Ensure all required production, cost, safety, quality and variance reports are produced and any issues identified and acted upon to reduce business risk.
The position has a workforce of approximately 20 full time reports including
* Plant Process Engineer
* Maintenance Supervisor and maintenance team
* Day Shift Operations Supervisor
* 4 off Shift team leaders and shift crews
* Other contractors and support positions as required
Management includes mentoring, coaching, performance management, training, recruitment and selection, disciplinary actions as needed to achieve a stable operation within budget targets and business intent.
The task management of a varying number of part time support staff is also one of the key dimensions of the position.
Key Client Relationship Management
The position is one of the key interfaces and will interact on a daily basis with a range of operational, engineering, maintenance and management employees from Bartow Plant. It is critical that at all times these interactions are managed to ensure the focus of developing “Win / Win” situations with an aim to developing and cementing a formalized long term relationship .
Any needs or issues that require intervention are quickly and efficiently communicated to companies Business Unit and Management staff for engagement of key stakeholders.
· Proven experience to manage people, process, budgets and client expectations in a chemical, water or related operational field
· Proven experience managing multidisciplinary teams
· Demonstrated ability to work across different levels of the organization
· Ability to connect with operations and maintenance personnel, ability to build rappor and trust with teams to be an effective change agent.
· 5- 10 years (min) combination of prod and or maintenance roles.
· Leadership experience within a production team is preferred
· Strong computer literacy (MSWord, MSExcel, MSPowerPoint, MSAccess, MSProject)
· Strong communication skills and training experience
· Ability to drive innovation, implement changes and achieve results
· A understanding and working knowledge of USA PSM (Process Safety Management) and OSHA requirements
·Self-motivated, results driven, enthusiastic, engaging individual
·Demonstrated leader in continuous production environment
·Effective communicator at all levels of the organization
·Strong client and safety focus
·Strong Business / Cost / Production focus
·Effectively champion change through mentoring and coaching individuals